Innovation Sector: QA Innovation
Worldwide Social Media Company
Our client is developing a live telepresence ecosystem that allows VR headset wearers to communicate with each other using human-like avatars in a 3D environment. Their innovation in this space demonstrates their impressive scientific research and development capabilities. As they mature their offerings, protecting the user experience becomes of paramount importance.
Rivers Agile was tasked with introducing a more structured quality initiative that helps the predictability of delivery. We integrated with the existing team and led by example by writing code that not only implements features, but also provides necessary automated testing support.
- Ensuring that both the encoding and decoding of full motion avatars works properly
- Applying hardware-in-the-loop and other complex embedded hardware testing techniques to off-the-shelf consumer products
- Driving and supporting internal adoption of the SDK across internal research groups
- Applying industry standard QA processes to a R&D group in a practical way
- Contributing to development of the product features
Outcomes achieved so far include having more stable daily builds, improved internal adoption, improved bug reporting processes, and meaningful status reporting of feature completion.